Sunday, March 1, 2009

A visit from Bob and Jackie.







Bob and Jackie came to visit on the same Sunday as the race. I RACED home and started a Pot Roast. I also made this chocolate cake from scratch. Something I don't think I have ever done before. It's a great recipe from the "Smitten Kitchen" blog. The plate is a mess, but the cake was really delicious. It has a cup of Guinness Stout as part of the ingredients, so how could it be bad.
We had a nice visit and got all caught up with the news from Chicago and D.C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how wonderful! These are great pics and looks like delicious food too! Wish I could have been there.

Judy

Unknown said...

Nancy I miss you! Hope you are doing well! Got any extra cake??? ha

Peggy said...

Smitten Kitchen! I read that blog too! The cake looked delicious and I envy Bob and Jackie for meeting Liam.